Saturday 16 February 2013

Paranormal or Para-idiocy?

I like to learn about the paranormal. Recorded events, detection techniques, stuff like that.

So why oh why do the programs depict that sort of thing in such an idiotic way. There's a plethora of shows that have over theatrical presenters and employ 'spooky' effects to get their 'Stories' across  it's purely entertainment. I want and like to learn. I want to know what techniques are used, I want to know the science.

There's a distinct  lack of seriousness to the whole subject. They have plenty of programs about mad men living in woods and aliens running the world that come across as realistic and factual. Why not bother with something that has mystified people for centuries?

www.paulshuggins.co.uk




2 comments:

  1. One of my biggest complaints is the use of music. The swelling of sound before the creepy EVP is revealed or when there's a bang or knock.

    No. Let us hear it without additional nose pollution.

    Those of us or take our EVP sessions seriously, know there's a crapload of background nose. I don't need to listen to that AND your theme song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit it, that does annoy me a little too :)

      Delete