Friday 30 August 2013

Bye bye bike, hello who knows?

It's the end of an era.  Sad to say my trusty kawasaki has gone of to pastures new.  At the moment he's resting in my local bike dealers showroom waiting to impress the next rider.  It was a good bike and maybe one day I'll get another kwakka. Over the past twelve years I've always had a bike,  it does feel odd at the moment. 

Unlike some people I don't fall in love with my rides, I like them but when it comes down to it my bikes are just machines, mind you they're pretty and fast.  Some of the ones I've owned very fast (hence the penalty points for speeding). I have been saying for the last couple of years that I could not handle another winter on two wheels.

For me it’s another break from the norm.  I think that occasionally you have to change stuff; Sometimes takes a shove (or a broken hand in my case) to prompt a change.  I now have the mental freedom, something about not having to be in control to continue journeying, whether it is to and from work or generally in life.
One question I always hate in job interviews is, 'where do you see yourself in five years?' well, my answer to that is 'who the fuck knows!' what I won't want to be doing is the same thing day in day out for the previous five years. In addition, retired and stinking rich is not the right answer either.


That's just me though, I can understand many people would like that sort of security, but me, I'm just a seat of your pants type of guy. 

2 comments:

  1. I disagree. Retired and stinking rich ISN'T the answer, but retired, stinking rich and with a Leno-esque garage full of collectible gas guzzlers IS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha, you got me there, I'd have lots of bikes then :)

      Delete